Coursework relates to the following healthcare topics: nurse aide roles, communication, interpersonal skills, basic nursing skills, mental health, social services, legal issues, safety & security, signs & symptoms of disease, aging, death & dying, hygiene, grooming, and mobility. In addition to classroom-based training, you will have a “hands on” clinical experience. Upon successful completion of our class students receive a certificate and this qualifies all students to take the State Tested Nurse’s Aide examination.
The Ohio Department of Health requires that students complete a minimum of 59 classroom hours and 16 clinical hours for a total of 75 hours. If any class time is missed due to an emergency, arrangements must be made to make up the hours at the instructor’s discretion. If hours missed are not due to a verifiable emergency or too many hours are missed then the student will be asked to leave the class and restart with the next session
Requirements to register for STNA Class
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or provide parental approval to take the class ( if 16-17 years old).
- Applicant must submit a recent physical examination not more than 12 months old
- Applicant must submit documentation of T.B. test not more than 12 months old (All positive T.B. tests must be accompanied by normal chest X-ray result).
- BCI & FBI Background check
- Applicant must submit a Government Issued ID.
- Applicant must posses a valid CPR card or be prepared to take CPR as part of the course.
- All necessary documents must be turned in prior to start of class
Includes workbook, materials, lab supplies, and CPR/first aid. All paperwork & Registration fee is to be submitted 5 business days prior to the start of class.
|Aug 10, 2015||2 weeks||Daily||8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||$399|
|Sep 14, 2015||2 weeks||Daily||9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||$399|
|Oct 12, 2015||2 weeks||Daily||9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||$399|
|Nov 9, 2015||2 weeks||Daily||9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||$500|
|Dec 7, 2015||2 weeks||Daily||9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||$500|